Where things stand…
Small-flock system design and development is being led and funded by Urban Coop Company (UCCO) for TNEP. Alpha testing was done in 2016. The systems have been under local Beta Testing during 2016 & 2017. The first 5 Beta Test systems were funded by Urban Coop Company and a group of generous donors placed those systems at a school / orphanage in Canaan. As of mid 2018 these pilots are 100% successful. The focus for 2019 will be to establish a 1000 bird flock and incubation capability so as to be able to supply and launch at other schools.
- 2016 Alpha Testing US 100%
- 2017 Beta Testing US / Establish Hen Flocks 100%
- Early 2018 Establish Phase I Beta Testing Haiti (School / Orphanage) 100%
- Mid 2018 Phase II Beta Testing Haiti (School / Orphanage) 100%
- Mid 2018 | Lease Land, Build Protective Wall & Secure Area for 1000 Hen Source Flock 100%
- Early 2019 | Establish Commercial Style Incubation Capability 20%
- Early 2019 Phase II Source Flock | +300 Hens & Local Built Coops | Add More Schools 0%
- Mid 2019 | Build Suitable Coops for first 300 Bird Flock 0%
- 2020 | Build Remaining Coops for 1000 Bird Flock 0%
The Native Egg Project is a mission of family and friends to sow the seeds of change on how food mission work is done. During the initial work in Canaan Haiti, they also formed a consolidating non-profit called K12 Canaan as a way to support other groups that wanted to do work for schools in Canaan Haiti.
It's Pretty Much Magic...
Watch this video and read more…
Black Soldier Flies
Incubation & Brooding
Still have questions?